Tony has over 30 years of professional experience, the last 10 years as a senior specialist in People and Organisation Development, a recognised field of academic theory and practice within the social sciences.
Consulting to corporates, large public sector organisations, schools and Small-Medium Enterprises.
Specialist areas include:
- Making work meaningful – exploring and articulating corporate purpose
- Developing agility – people practices that go beyond engagement and empowerment
- The future of HR – aligning HR practice to current and future business needs
- Influencing culture change – generating culture insights and stimulating change
- The people side of change – change management practices that support change readiness and new ways of working
- Organisation design – moving beyond the organisation structure chart
Consultancy can be delivered through one-off interventions or a series of conversations. Interim and fixed-term contracts are also utilised.
Coaching through “useful conversations“
Working with individuals and groups to explore patterns of thinking and ways of working.
Focus areas for conversations can include:
- Clarifying thinking
- Problem solving
- Exploring alternative perspectives
- Clearing a mind of clutter
- Inquiring into current realities
- Clarifying and achieving goals
- Exploring values and belief systems
- Developing self-awareness, confidence and efficacy
- Developing presence
- Bridging capability gaps
- Advice, mentoring and holding up the mirror
Support mechanisms can include 360° feedback, psychometrics, assessments and other methods too numerous to mention. Each client is unique. It follows that each conversation is predictably unpredictable in where it might start, where it might end and how it might progress towards being truly useful.
Facilitating through “useful conversations” to enable reflection and change in teams, groups, whole organisations and communities.
Specialist areas of intervention:
- Exploring purpose, strategic priorities and short to medium-term planning
- Executive team effectiveness and decision making
- Exploring leadership and developing leadership impact
- Understanding and balancing management and leadership accountabilities
- Tapping into the creative diversity in dysfunctional teams
- Improving creativity, innovation and cross-function collaboration
- Involving whole-organisations and wider communities in finding purpose, setting strategy and delivering change
Tony offers a presence that is considered, pragmatic and insightful. His extensive experience and breadth of knowledge across the field of People and Organisation Development means he can call upon tried and tested interventions to suit all types of clients and all contexts. No one-trick ponies here.
An accomplished and engaging speaker, Tony is comfortable delivering impactful key-notes at conferences, in-house roadshows and to smaller audiences.
- Complexity in organisations – understanding it and working with it
- What is Organisation Development?
- The curse of the silver bullet
- The future of working
- The future of HR
- How language and metaphor shape our reality
- The illusion of self – developing true collaboration through co-operative inquiry
A particular strength is translating academic writing into practical language that can be understood at all levels of the organisation.
If you would like to speak to Tony about his services please call or email: +44 7949 273080 firstname.lastname@example.org